Eliminating the Wimp Factor: Just Say It!
Making ANY Conversation Easy
New Event Format!
We're dedicated to providing the very best programming for our members so why not shake things up a bit in 2019 with happy hour Monthly Member Programs in addition to our regular breakfast and lunch programs? Leave work early and join us for education, networking, and drinks! New agenda is below.
Our speaker, Shari Harley, has a special offer for you: The first 50 event registrants receive Shari's book "How to Say Anything to Anyone" for FREE.
Giving feedback is challenging for everyone. No one wants to hear that she isn't doing a good job. And thus no one wants to tell her. Telling your boss you're frustrated or aren't hitting your targets can be even more difficult and thus many of us say nothing. Worse is that most feedback, positive or negative, is useless because it's vague.
Get a simple formula to make even the most difficult conversations easier. Conversations will be short, specific and to the point. They won't be personal. They will be actionable. You'll be able to say what you want to say, when you want to say it, in a way that people can hear you and take action.
OUTCOMES TO EXPECT:
- Package and deliver difficult messages, managing the impressions you create.
- Give clear and specific feedback that employees can act upon immediately.
- Provide feedback to peers, direct supervisors, and others at a higher level in a way that does not elicit defensive responses.
- Demonstrate commitment to developing employees' careers and retaining key talent.
- Eliminate your blind spots. Manage your career, reputation and results.
- Receive more feedback without showing emotion or frustration.
3:30 PM - Registration Opens & Snacks Available
3:35 PM - Association Announcements
4:00 PM - Presentation
5:00 PM - Networking, Membership 101 Meeting, Happy Hour, & Book Signing (Shari will leave around 5:30 PM)
6:00 PM - Adjourn