Code of Ethics
This Code of Ethics for members of Mile High HRM has been adopted to promote and maintain the highest standards among its members. By joining the association, a member espouses this code, thereby assuring public confidence in the integrity and service of human resource management professionals. As a member of Mile High SHRM, I pledge to:
- Maintain the highest standards of professional and personal conduct.
- Strive for personal growth in the field of human resource management.
- Support the association’s goals and objectives for developing the human resource management profession.
- Encourage my employer to make fair and equitable treatment of all employees a primary concern.
- Strive to make my employer profitable both in monetary terms and through the support and encouragement of effective employment practices.
- Instill in employees and the public a sense of confidence about the conduct and intentions of my employer.
- Maintain loyalty to my employer and pursue its objectives in ways that are consistent with the public interest.
- Uphold all laws and regulations relating to my employer’s activities.
- Refrain from using my official positions, either regular or volunteer, to secure special privilege, gain or benefit for myself.
- Maintain the confidentiality of privileged information.
- Improve public understanding of the role of human resource management.